I’ve been told that I don’t look autistic.
These are the possible ways that I “pass”:
- Read forums, comments, and articles about socializing.
- Memorize what should be worn
- Memorize expressions
- Learn facial expressions
- Learn other social cues
- Hide certain facial expressions
- Suppress other autism symptoms such as fidgeting that looks abnormal
- Avoid wearing hearing protection
- Avoid other accommodations
- Avoid discussing about sensory overload
- Attempt to ask questions only if necessary
- Avoid disclosing my autism