I’ve been told that I don’t look autistic.
These are the possible ways that I “pass”:
- Memorize the rules of socializing.
- Wear the right clothes. Even though clothing isn’t an autistic trait, it may still make the person “pass”.
- Learn about other social cues.
- Use the right facial expressions.
- Suppress other autism symptoms such as fidgeting that looks abnormal.
- Avoid wearing hearing protection. It’s possible to have effective ear plugs that are discreet. You can try ordering them online or get them custom fitted.
- Avoid other accommodations.
- Avoid discussing about sensory overload.
- Not asking enough questions because it may seem excessive to do so.
- Avoid disclosing about my autism and other challenges.